July 14, 2005

Puedo leer a español

At least so says my Theological Spanish examiner, David Ford. After 48 hours of translating (much more difficult than the cursory "reader comprehension questions" I have to say), I relented and by the grace of God and the luck of the Irish (which is odd since I'm Norwegian), I passed my Theological Spanish reading exam. Muchos Gracias, mi profesor, Prof. Ford. Si usted no conoce David, blogeré sobre él pronto.

Again thanks to those who offered help, and who also offered general encouragement on going agains the grain. Some offered well-centered concern on why I pursued Spanish (presumably instead of French). True, we know so much more is written pertinent to our research in French, but then again, it is circular argumentation. How will we really engage the scholarship of Latin America until more of us are able to draw upon it fluently?

My program is pleased we were able to make these arrangements. And now I have one more thing in my record to demonstrate that all-important "progress in the program". I still have much work to do, pero hoy, soy muy feliz.

doo doo doo doo doo doo doo We did it... Hooray!

Lo hicimos.
(Yes, I have a 3 year old daughter and learned some of my Spanish from Dora.)

No comments: