Accordance 8.0 is here. It looks like our old Accordance in most ways, but there have been many changes under the hood. I'm most thrilled to now have a Universal Binary that runs with less system resource on Intel Macs. Other fantastic features are:
- the [ANY] tag, letting you search for, say, case across adjectives, nouns, participles, etc.
- the [FUZZY] search, which will help me find those verses where I kinda know how it goes.
- the new [INFER] command which opens many doors for searching inter-textuality.
- the new text customizations, including spacing, text color and background color.
- draggable panes (though I don't care for the look of the new horizontal text panes).
- and perhaps my favorite new feature... greater Unicode compatibility! You can paste Unicode text into a search box and it automagically gets converted to the Accordance font schemes. This renders my own Unicode to Helena converters needless, unless you're still wanting to do bible/user tool creation based on Unicode texts.
Way to go, Accordance!